Lough Corrib Cycle with Sean Kelly
Join Sean Kelly in the West of Ireland’s biggest Annual Charity Cycle.
*** ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN ***
Registration & Sign-In Time: 7.15am - 8.15am
EVENT START TIME: 8.30AM
Croí are calling all cyclists to pencil in the date for the 2013 Lough Corrib Cycle. This fun cycling sportive will take place on Sunday 2nd June 2013. Cyclists have a choice of a 27.5 mile or a 75 mile route through Connemara. Croí provide roadside assistance, support vehicles & plenty of refreshment stops along the way!
Ride with Sean Kelly
For the second year running, Irish cycling legend Sean Kelly will be taking part in the Croí Cycle to support the fight against Heart Disease & Stroke! Don't miss this opportunity to ride with the Tour de France legend!
***IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2013***
- REVERSE ROUTE - the main cycle will now leave Dangan for Headford, Cong, Cornamona, Maam, Maam Cross, Oughterard, Moycullen & finish in the new Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway.
- SHORTER ROUTE - will follow from Dangan to Oughterard & back to finish in the new Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcstle, Galway. This cycle will leave after the main cycle has departed.
- MEDALS – We’re delighted to announce that all finishers of both distance cycles will receive a commemorative cycle medal.
- CYCLE ENTRY – All participants must enter for this cycle online no later than Friday, May 24th.
- All cyclists must register and return their sponsorship on the morning of the cycle at the Sports Pavilion Dangan. Each cyclist will be issued with a wristband and a bicycle tag, both of which are compulsory to wear/display. Refreshments at food-stops will only be offered to those wearing wristbands & back-up support will only be provided to those with bicycle tags.
Route Details ~ PLEASE NOTE REVERSE ROUTE ON MAIN CYCLE
29 Miles / 46.5 Kms: Start at the Sports Pavilion Dangan > Moycullen > Oughterard > (Refreshment stop at Oughterard before returning along the same route) > Oughterard > Moycullen > Finish at Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway.
75 Miles / 120 Kms: Start at Sports Pavilion Dangan > Headford > Cross > Cong > Cornamona > Maam > Maam Cross > Oughterard > Moycullen > Finish at Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway.
Click here for the 'Tour Du Lough Corrib' Cycle Map: http://goo.gl/maps/wveex
This is one of Croí's biggest annual fundraising events and funds raised will continue our vital work in the fight against heart disease and stroke in Ireland.
There is no registration fee for this event, however, we do ask that you try to raise a minimum of €100 to participate in the cycle. All finisher's will receive a commemorative bespoke medal. Once you register you will receive a Croí Sponsorship Card.
For further details contact Karen on 091 893773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SEAN KELLY TALK!
We're delighted to announce that as part of our Lough Corrib cycle this year, all participants are invited to a FREE Open Evening with Sean Kelly
On: Saturday June 1st 2013
In: Croí House, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway.
Sean will have lots of his cycling memorabilia on display & will be offering a Q&A session.
TO REGISTER FOR OUR CYCLE CLICK HERE
Help Fight Heart Disease & Stroke
The Prudential Ride London 100 event is the cycling world’s equivalent of the Virgin London Marathon and, with around 25,000 participants, will be the world’s largest cycling charity event.