Women at Heart
The face of heart disease is changing. Once considered 'a man’s disease'; the number of deaths from heart disease and stroke are now virtually the same for men and women.
Women at Heart is a campaign by Heart & Stroke Charity Croí to educate and empower women to make their heart health a priority.
The aim of the Campaign is to highlight the prevalence of heart disease & stroke among Irish women.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD OUR WOMEN AT HEART FACT BROCHURE
THE HEART FACTS:
- Heart disease and Stroke are the #1 killer of women in Ireland & worldwide.
- 1 in 2 Irish women will die from cardiovascular disease.
- Irish women are 7 times more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than breast cancer.
- 5,000 Irish women die from cardiovascular disease each year.
- That's 5,000 families without a mother, sister, aunt, gran - a loved one!
- That's an average of one woman every 2 hours.
The amazing fact is - 90% of heart disease & stroke is preventable through lifestyle change & risk factor modification.
The 'Women at Heart' campaign was created by Croí to educate women on their risk of cardiovascular disease and empower them to make their heart health a priority.
We are asking you to join forces with the women you love and spread the word about this real threat!
We ask you to organise a coffee morning, dinner party, fashion show, heart-healthy walk, non-uniform day, or any other event to help us raise funds and spread awareness.
If you want to join with Croí and empower the women you love
Call Croi today on 091-544310 for more information.
We have a range of information resources to help you reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Click on the following links:
- Cholesterol ‘Get the Facts’
- Take Control of your Blood Pressure
- The Balanced Guide to Healthy Eating
- How to recognise a Heart Attack
- How do I know if I have Atrial Fibrillation
- How to recognise a Stroke
Why not participate in the upcoming Women's Mini Marathon and raise funds for our Women at Heart Campaign. Click the link below for full details: