Statement of Guiding Principles
Croí aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Croí are fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Croí commit to doing this by:
- Maintaining good fundraising practice.
- Providing high levels of accountability and transparency to our donors and prospective donors from the public.
- Providing clarity and assurances to you about how we spend your money.
- We have considered the Statement and we believe we meet the standards it sets out.
We welcome your feedback on our performance. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with our fundraising department. Find out more about our feedback and complaints procedures.
The Statement of Guiding Principles - Where they came from
The Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising is a guide to best practice developed by a steering group set up in response to the Charities Act 2009.
Croí Donor Charter
We are deeply committed to our donors and supporters and we strive to treat our friends and supporters with the highest level respect, honesty and openness.
We are committed to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in us.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of our mission and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the governing board and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation's most recent financial statements.
- Be assured that your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they are given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided for by law.
- Be assured that all communications and relationships with individuals representing our charity will be dealt with in a professional manner.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees or third party agents.
- Have easy access to and understanding of the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from any mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions you may have about Croí.